We wanted to summarize an article in the Times Square Chronicles about five automotive window tint benefits that go beyond just looks. We thought you might find this interesting as improving a vehicle’s appearance is what most people think of regarding car tint. Let’s check out all the other benefits!
- Added Privacy and Increased Security – Window tint comes in a variety of light transmissions, but one benefit of darker films is added privacy. Someone might be able to make out some details, but window film often obscures the view to those on the outside trying to see in. This also can assist in increasing the security of items in your vehicle. As the article states, “it provides the safety from the thieves looking for robbing the vehicles. It prevents them to see your belongings in the parking lot and other areas where car stays for the longer time.“
- Reduces UV Exposure of Vehicle Occupants – The article mentions the variety of negative things attributed to excessive exposure to UV by saying, “UV rays can damage your skin and increases the chances of skin cancer. It can also lead to the myriad of health problem such as sunburn, premature aging, damage to skin, suppression of immune system, etc.” The Skin Cancer Foundation notes the positive benefits associated with window films in this area in their article A Surprising Danger in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. In addition, blocking the UV can “help to prevent your car’s interior from getting the warp, fade or crack by blocking the UV rays from entering.“
- Improved Safety From Shattered Glass – When a window film is applied, it often serves to keep the glass from flying in numerous shards in the event of a breakage. This can be useful to help prevent injury from flying glass in an accident.
- Improved Interior Comfort – Modern window films are for so much more than just vehicle appearance. One major improvement in films has been their ability to reject heat from passing through the glass. As the article mentions, “With the proper window tint, you may reduce the heat inside your car during the scorching summer months by as much as 60%.” This reduction of excessive heat will help you to keep the interior temperature at a more comfortable level on even the really hot days.
- Increased Gas Mileage – When a vehicle’s air conditioning is operating it often has the effect of adding extra load to the motor. This often translates into a slight reduction in fuel economy when using the AC versus when it is off. From our point above, if the heat entering the vehicle is reduced significantly, the need for AC to keep the interior comfortable will be reduced. Using your AC less can have a positive effect on your fuel economy.
We hope that this article on automotive window tint benefits beyond looks was enlightening. If you have questions about our services, contact us by calling (770) 386-6170. We are your premier source for automotive window tint in the Cartersville and Atlanta, Georgia area.