It’s hard to believe, but we just passed the equinox, which means the days will continue to get longer, while the nights will be shorter. Soon, we’ll be dealing with sunshine from early morning until almost 9PM at night. With locations in both Cartersville and Rome, Georgia, we have the convenience and ability to get your car windows tinted quickly, affordably and with the quality you deserve.
To understand the nature of window tinting and why it provides benefits beyond a sleek look, it’s important to understand some of the terminology we use. When selecting a product to use, keep these different elements in mind:
Total Solar Energy: all the energy in the solar spectrum that reaches us on the earth’s surface. This includes UVA and B, Visible light, and Infrared energy. Heat often refers to the total solar energy.
- Total Solar Energy – Transmitted: the amount of total solar energy that passes through the glass into the building.
- Total Solar Energy – Reflected: the amount of total solar energy that is reflected off of the glass and directed back outside. This energy does not come into the building.
- Total Solar Energy – Absorbed: the amount of total solar energy that is absorbed in the glass. This heats up the glass, making it hotter to the touch, and reradiates a small amount of heat back into the room. The majority of absorbed energy is kept out of the room though.
Visible Light: the portion of the solar spectrum containing visible light we can see, contains all the colors of the spectrum.
- Visible Light – Transmitted: the amount of visible light that passes through the glass, into the building. This is how light or dark the film is.
- Visible Light – Reflected Interior: the amount of visible light that is reflected off the interior surface of the window. This is seen when standing inside the building looking out, a higher reflectance value means the window looks more like a mirror from the inside.
- Visible Light – Reflected Exterior: the amount of visible light that is reflected off the exterior surface of the window. This is seen when standing outside the building, a higher reflectance value means the window looks more like a mirror from the outside.
All of these factors weigh into the choice of window tinting. It goes well beyond just how dark someone wants to make their windows. We want to make sure our customers understand that regardless of which windows they want us to tint, they have a complete picture in order to make their decision.
Contact us today at either one of our locations for an estimate or to schedule a time to have your vehicle tinted. Call 770-386-6170 for both our Cartersville and Rome locations. Or swing by 7 Fairfield Street, Cartersville or 602 Decatur Street, Rome. Our hours of operation are as follows:
Monday to Friday – 9:30am – 5:30pm
Saturday – *by appointment*
Sunday – Closed
When you invest in auto tinting through Suntamers, you are choosing the highest level of expertise for one of your biggest investments. Get the best protection your money can buy and a stylish new look with Suntamers.